The Penacook Historical Society - Davis House quilt square

1. Davis House – Dorothy Ingerson

The second oldest house in Penacook, located at 35 Penacook Street, was built about 1800 and has always been occupied. It was long known as the Everett Davis house, being owned by the Davis family from 1891 through 1965. It is now owned and occupied by the William Lindonen family.

2. Rolfe Sash and Door Factory – Isabel Rolfe

In 1860 James Crowther built a two-story frame shop, for a wood working business, on Depot Street (now Merrimack Street), where he manufactured doors and other wood products for a few years. Later, in 1880, the Rolfes purchased the shop, adding more buildings from year to year. In 1925 a fire destroyed these buildings and a new shop was erected, which is today part of the Rivco Mill.