The Penacook Historical Society - Veroneaus' Store quilt square

25. Veroneaus’ Store – Florence Randall

Although the date of the building of the Eagle Block is unknown, John Farrand was in business there in 1884. At one time there, was a large hall over the store which was used as a roller skating rink. Eventually the top of the building was removed, leaving three floors. The second and third floors were converted into apartments and the first floor was used as a grocery store. The Veroneaus were the last owners.

26. Davis and Towle Insurance Agency – Phyllis Towle

The building in which the Davis and Towle Insurance Agency is located was built in 1970. It was erected on the site of the former Brown Store, which was built in 1870.