The Penacook Historical Society - Morrill Farm quilt square

3. Morrill Farm – Mary Ann Morrill

The Morrill Farm was built in 1880 by Fred Chandler for his bride, Mary. John Morrill purchased it in 1925 and established a dairy farm. His son, David, took over operations in the 1950s. David’s son, Robert, now runs the farm, which is one of only two remaining dairy farms within the boundaries of Concord.

4. Railroad Station – Helen Rolfe

The railroad station and freight depot were built in 1846. The first passenger train came to Fisherville on the Northern Railroad on December 1, 1846. The passenger station was torn down in the 1940’s and a section of the freight depot was used until passenger service was discontinued.