The Penacook Historical Society - Baptist Church quilt square

13. Baptist Church – Eleanor Jones

The First Baptist Church was dedicated on September 8, 1858. the entire cost of the building was $18,500.00. In 1953, the Congregational Church and the Baptist Church united to form the United Church of Penacook.

14. Penacook Fire Station – Eleanor Engel

The pioneer Engine House and Ward Room were built on Washington Street to replace a previous fire house located on the triangular piece of land at the junction of Merrimack Street and Saunders Street (formerly Merrimack Lane). On March 3, 1882, the Merrimack Street engine house was consumed by fire, and the following day the first meeting was held at the new fire station. The building is now owned by the Merrimack Valley School District.